Thursday 24 March 2011

A Card for Twins!

Morning

It's a gorgeous day here on the West Coast of Bonnie Scotland, just about to put a washing on and get it outside for a good airing. Then I'm off to a school coffee morning at my nephew and niece's school.

A girl that my OH works with had twins a few weeks ago and he asked if I could rattle up a couple of hand knitted things for her, and well - I just had to make a card to go along with them. This is the card I came up with:

I've never made a card for twins before, and am quite chuffed with the results. The stamps are by LCI (the sentiment is from the same set) I used a sheer ribbon and the buttons are laced through with embroidery floss. I used one of my new Spellbinders that I pur-chased at the SECC a few weeks ago for the die cutting and Promarkers to colour. Papers are from Forever Friends 'For You'.


I stamped the baby onto a piece of scrap card and cut out a wee mask. Stamped the baby on the left onto my base card, masked it with the cut-out and stamped it again. Haven't used masking much with my stamps, so am dead chuffed with the results, looks like the baby on the left is reassuring the one on the right with her wee hand :o). I used a little bit of glamour dust on the little zippers (can't really tell from the picture).



This is the wee sentiment. Ain't it cute! Used another nestie for the die cutting, but the rectangles kinda get on my nerves, coz when you try to layer with them the are a bit bigger on one side, so I hand cut round the pink matting card to make it even.



This is one of the two wee cardigans I made. Love knitting baby cardi's as you can rattle them up in no time. I also made hats but forgot to take pictures of them - doh!

Hope the parents like them and the babies are nice and cosy in their cardi's and hats.

I'd like to enter the above card into the following challenges:

Totally Ladybug Tuesday - Challenge 20 - Monochrome

Cupcake Craft Challenge 134 - Monochromatic

Let's Ink It Up - Challenge 11 - Die Cuts/Punches

Catch The Bug Challenge Blog - Baby Steps

Creative Cowgirls Challenge Blog - Going Monochromatic with Delicious Doodles! Challenge #9

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge 95 - New Baby



Thanks for looking and any comments you are kind enough to leave!

Lxx

17 comments:

  1. tis gorjuss hun, well done

    hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is fab - i love the image stamped twice .. and its perfect for twins.. adorable!
    Love the little cardi too ... so sweet

    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute! Love this image in double, plus those bute buttons... Great great card! Thanks for playing in Ladybug Crafts Ink manochrom challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyndi!! Such an adorable,soft and sweet baby card!!! Love that stamp and the sentiment is so sweet! The little buttons look great! And that cardigan you have made...Holy cow!! That is amazing!! You have talent lady!! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you just rattled up a couple of cardi's Lynne??? Hmph!!! I'm just jealous...I'm sure I have a baby cardi on needles somewhere in the attic I started about 26 years ago lol. Both card and cardi are gorgeous and you did a flabulous job with masking. I've done it a few times and am always amazed at how simple it is with great results. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Lyndi, this is just gorgeous! Perfect in every way!

    Thx for joining in with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink and hope to see you again soon!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is adorable, Lyndi! The image is so sweet, the nesties used are fab and I love the buttons, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card!! I love the dies you used!! Thanks so much for joining us at LIIU and good luck too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, clever stamping and I love your new nesties. Great job with the knitting too
    Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card....you should be chuffed its great. Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Ink It Up. Suzanne B

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute card! thank you for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card + gift! Thanks for playing along with the Bugaboo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, how cute! Perfect papers and nesties you used too!
    Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little card. Love the embellies. Thanks for joining in our Die Cuts/Punches challenge at LIIU this time.
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project , thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute. Love that you made twins with the stamp. Thanks for joining in the LCI Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh I love that too adorably cute image! So sweet! Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some lovin....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...