Sunday 7 November 2010

Hop to it!

Hi there.

Just on for a few minutes to post my most recent card. It's a boys card. Probably meant for a little boy, but I think it will be going to my BIL. I usually make him a footy card as he's footy nuts, but I think this wee card will make a change.

Here it is:

The stamp is from Ladybug Crafts Ink - Little Jack chasing a Frog. This wee chap is soooo cute. He reminds me of my boys. Look at his wee cheeks, all puffed out from chasing the frog, do you think he'll catch it - who knows, but he'll be really tired after all that running and be in his bed early, good news for his mum LOL. The sentiment on the card was a Happy Birthday one, but I changed the 'A' in 'Happy' to an 'O'. Well, how could I resist?

I coloured Jack and the frog with my Promarkers and glossy accented the frog to make him look like, well, a frog! I also cut around the stamp to make it look like the frog is trying extra hard to get away by jumping out of the frame, and I also added 3-d squares to the frog part to make him stand out from the papers. 

This wee frog that I have used for an embellishment is from my friend Pat over at Patsy May she has some great embellishments that you can use on cards and then iron them onto clothes afterwards (multi purpose embellishments!)

Part of the challenge that the above card is for had an option to decorate the inside of the card. I've never done this before and I must say it is very effective. This may become a permanent addition to my card making!

Okay - off to post it onto the challenge now at Ladybug Crafts Ink - First Ever Challenge . Why don't you pop on over and have a go. You'll have to be quick though coz the end date is tomorrow!

See ya later-gaters (as my 13 year old would say!)

Lxx


9 comments:

  1. oh wow love that card - the little frog just finishes it perfectly as does the inside.
    Thanks for entering the first LCI challenge
    Good luck
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its brilliant, love that image, love the bright papers and love that little frog embellies lol. Thanks for joining our first challenge at ladybug Crafts Ink.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Love how you have interpreted the challenge, the paper is fab, and live how you have made the frog leap out of the image!!

    Loving the inside too, thanks for joining in with this weeks LCU challenge - hope you can join in with our challenge next week

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaHa love the frogs! fabulous card I love it. Thankyou for joining us in the first ever LCI Challenge

    Tams x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok...I seriously love this!!! Great idea to cut around the frog...think I'll give this a try :-D Mary J will love how you decorated the inside...the little frog is super cute. Thanks for entering the first LCI challenge Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, cute wee puddock!!! He looks just like a wee wet frog!! Good thinking batman! Good luck with the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEeeeeekkkk how stinkin' cute is that? LOVE the frogs; absolutely adorable!

    Thanks for playing along with LCI's first challenge! Hugs, ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. W-O-W! I love your take on my sketch! And I love your insides too!!!

    Thx for joining us - hope to see more of your inspiration at our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card, I love the way the frog is jumping out of the image and the little froggy inside too.
    Fab colours too
    hel x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some lovin....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...