Tuesday 3 August 2010

A new card

Hello


Am on here while small child is watching a cartoon, so have relative peace for about 2 mins. I managed to create the below card today. I had stamped and coloured the image a while ago, but never had the time to finish it off.

The stamp is from Ladybug Crafts Ink - Nikki and Friends, Nikki in her bath.



I had bought Jolees years ago when I first started crafting and they were a bargain buy on e-bay, and you know how much we crafters love a bargain. Turned out they were one of those things you buy and never look at again. I must have archived what was in them somewhere in my head, as when creating this card I had a memory of slippers and a towel somewhere - lo and behold - they were included in a Jolee pack. I coloured the main image with my promarkers and added some glossy accents to the bubbles.



I tried to create bubbles with embellishments from Craftwork Cards, don't know if I'm 100% happy with them , but they look not too bad. I also added a rubber duck (after all what's a bath without a rubber duck). I had a stamp of a bottle of bubbly and matching glass. I stamped and cut out and added these to my main stamped image - nothing better than a glass of bubbly whilst bathing...


Here you can see the slippers and towel that I mentioned, I added a little bit of bling to these to set them off. I think I could easily create these from some towelling material and a little bit of imagination.

The sentiments are also by Ladybug Crafts Ink.

That's me for today. I have another card on the go, might get a chance to upload it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Lyndi! I guess in the back of your mind you knew you would need those Jolee's one day lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, we all love a bit of pampering :)
    Kay x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some lovin....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...